Monday, January 23, 2017

Alma 26:11 Oh My Joy Is Full in my GOD!

This week was awesome!!! We met a lot of people, felt the spirit and shared some testimony! The highlight of this week has to be the growth I've seen in my own testimony. It started with a weird tracting experience:
    Mary Joe opened the door to her cute house and invited us in. She told her husband we were there and he came running up stairs, at this point we hadn't said anything about who we were or where we were from, her husband Rod, came into the room with a Book of Mormon in his hands. He offered us a seat and said "so what do you have for me now?" I didn't know what to say, how do you approach that? 
     After some questions he told us he and his wife had been to temple square, seen the Christus and listened to missionaries. He then asked about the qualifications for the Highest kingdom and said he believed everything we do except he doesn't feel worthy to be a God. He would rather clean up the crumbs from Jesus' feet. He also has a hard time with Joseph Smith. ... And that's where he got me. I had nothing really to give him he didn't already know. How could I testify of something I knew very little about. 
I left confused and frustrated with myself. I decided then and there I was going to get to know Joseph Smith as my Prophet and Restorer of truth. I studied the first vision, the witnesses testimonies and talks from last conference. It came down to the Book of Mormon. I shouldn't have been surprised, but I was. The prophets have said "This book is the key stone of our religion". The Book of Mormon is the gorilla glue holding this church together! Over the past week I have found my testimony grow stronger because of the strength, peace and answers I get from reading the words of our past prophets. I love there stories and examples, we have the whole pie at our finger tips! They had to look, pray and ask for the answers. The brother of Jared didn't even know that God the Father has a body! We have everything! because Joseph Smith had the courage to believe and follow the promptings of the spirit and be faithful to our Savior and our Heavenly Father! Praise be there names! I now know what role Joseph Smith played in My life and I challenge all who hear this message that you too will pray for an experience to strengthen your relationship with the prophet of the final Restoration! I say these things in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, who made all this possible, Amen. 
We also expanded our area, YAY!!!! We get to cover Williamsport and Attica, too. 
 
Sister Partridge
  
Little Rosie and I...cutest thing ever!





Sunday Temple Trip before leaving Provo, UT
     
     I miss the mountains!!!



Sister Partridge in the middle of Sister Johnson and Sister Wright.



My Comps. Sister Johnson and Sister Wright.





My travel buddies: Sis. Bitter and Sis. Muhlstein.

 ​

 Our first Apt. in Lafayette, Indiana ... I broke the toilet last week, yep it wouldn't flush.










My Trainer Sis. Collins...who actually didn't want to train but her leaving companion told the pres. she wanted to.

Happy Birthday Sister Collins!!! She doesn't like cake so we made cookies and then some members made her a cake.
















Some of the Cutest kids in the world! Rosie is darling! I love this family! There cute kids got a hold of my camera, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment