Monday, January 30, 2017

Week Five, I got This!

Fourth week is over! Finally... Week five here we come!!!
This week was crazy, there were sooooooo many meetings and they added a branch to our area. So we now cover Williamsport, Attica and all the other small towns out there. Its the best branch, we just need a little work with less actives.

So on Tuesday we went on splits. I went with Sis. Alexander to Purdue and taught my first lessons!!!!! We taught the ten commandments and the Restoration. It was great to testify of Joseph Smith and the first vision and to actually Feel the spirit present. It was a great day. I learned so much about myself and about teaching. My companion went with Sis. Spratling to visit Old Man Sam. 
Sam was a gift from God, we met him while tracting, he was the last house and it was so cold I didn't want to be there. He reminds me a lot of my Uncle Cal. An old mountain man look to him. We introduced the Plan of Salvation to him and asked him if he knew any Mormons, he promptly said "No I don't like those Mormons, they believe in that Joe Smith dude." We left without a second thought. Then come P-day he calls, and said he read the pamphlet and thought it was cool how merciful it was. So, Sis. Collins went to see him on Tuesday and said he was waiting FOREVER to answer questions...but they were good answers. I can't wait to meet him, I have a feeling we will get along all to well.

 We also had a surprise baptism this week as well. A 9 year old boy in the Williamsport branch has been wanting to be baptized for some time now, but when they pulled the sisters the family didn't know how to go about doing it. I'm glad we were able to go and support Braxton!

Well the moral of this week is Work. Work hard, the harder you work the happier one will be and the more God CAN bless you. 
I love the analogy of being stuck in the mud. 
God is more likely to help the one who is trying to push his truck out of the mud than the one praying to be unstuck. Get out there and work Hard and the Lord will bless our efforts what ever they may be.

Love you all, have a Great week!
Sis. Charlotte Partridge

No comments:

Post a Comment