Thursday, December 29, 2016

Two weeks down!

This week has been full of ups and downs. I have been expanding my mind and it's been exhausting but well worth it. On Tuesday Elder Arnold from the 70 came and spoke on goals we need to have and one of them really stood out: "Find your talents and magnify them." I am always comparing myself to others but I have come to learn that I have something special. Yesterday a thought came to me, I am slow. This is my gift! When you take time and wait in a lesson the spirit can fill the space and teach everyone. Silence is a great thing, so when it takes me time to think, I am also giving Him time to testify, teach, and lift those in the room. It's such an amazing thing to be you, for that's who God made you to be. So be the best you and you will fill others with your Joy! That's all for Charlotte's words of wisdom this week.
Sis. Robb was sent two more packages from other concerned moms and left full of joy and gratitude. We had an Elder leave this morning due to health issues and his parents were NOT happy, pray for Elder Klingler, he may or may not have a place to stay when he gets home. For Christmas, Elder Oaks came and preformed with his family, then we had David Archuleta come, I hate fan girls...also The Osmond family dropped off a son yesterday too. That was cool. We got new missionaries and I got to host a sister Mcgoon. Who turned out to be in my zone, she has been at Snow for the last 2 years and is pretty much my soul sister, except she is going to a different mission then me. I pulled out my biggest wart, that was cool, but it wouldn't stop bleeding, that was bad, but it stopped, so that was good!
The Lord has been teaching me patients with my companion and lessons are GREAT! We had a sister come and play an investigator, with an experience she had years ago. She was anorexic, bulimic, and was in abusive relationships and wanted to know why God wouldn't take away her addiction and give her strength. It was so powerful to hear the testimonies the Elders had to share about there addictions and how they over came then to hear how Britt (the investigator) got through her addictions. I have been stretched everyday and I feel like my mind will explode every night but some how I get up and do it again the next day, its crazy!
Have a great day everyone and stay positive!
Love ya all,
Sister Partridge

Quote of the day: I will have the moral courage to make my actions
consistent with my knowledge of right and wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment