Thursday, December 22, 2016

First week of my imprisonment...

Hey Everyone! I hope you all are enjoying the Christmas season! 
       My first week in the MTC has been a great learning experience, spiritually and mentally. I am in a trio with Sis. Wright and Sis. Johnson. The other two sisters in our district are Sis. Muhlestein and Sis. Bitter. I love them sooo much. It was a little hard to communicate with them but we had a break through yesterday. We were able to understand each other more and by doing so we have found more opportunities to serve one another.
       Piano Guys came and spoke to us on Sunday and boy was it amazing! I loved their music and their testimonies. It turns out the one who plays the cello will tell everyone about the church, his favorite location is in the elevator. That's right there's no escape in there! They all have amazing stories to add to there testimonies. One was in the Christ video. He was the guard who rips Christ's robe off as he carries the cross through the streets. They all served missions and continue to serve as they travel the 7 wonders of the world playing music. Then, we had one of the 70 come and spoke on Charity. The best part was when they told a story about their granddaughter. In school they had all the kids dress up and come to school as "what they want to be". She dressed up in a dress and tights with a black and white name tag on her shirt. She wants to be a missionary! It was soooooo cute! Then she shared her 7 year old testimony with use when she found out her grandpa was coming to the MTC. It made everyone cry, she was so powerful even for a 7 year old.
        Then we had the Elders give blessings last night. It was amazing! The Elders have blown my mind on how spiritually mature they all are its incredible to see that its actually possible for the guys to out shine the girls...for once...just kidding, we help each other grow all the time!
       I love the letters I am receiving from all of you! Thank you for all your love, it really means so much to me. I hope to get everyone's mailing address because I have more time to write letters then emails. I must be going now, I'm on splits with the other sisters right now because Sis. Wright needed to go to the Dentist. 
Have a wonderfully Christ centered Christmas this year! Happy New year! 
Love, 
        Sister Partridge : )​






Poppyseed Bread was a hit!    Feels like Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment