Monday, July 24, 2017

Pioneer Pie and Freedom in Zion!

Happy Pioneer Day Everyone! Utah is probably going crazy right now, I like it! :)
Hope you all have a good week, thank you for all the birthday wishes! I really felt your love, thank you everyone!

The weather in Indiana has been great...up till this week! I almost
had heat exhaustion on Thursday, drink your water kids! ;) Haha
I had a prompting to stop by an old investigators house on Friday
after District meeting and ya know what, It worked! Tina was home and wanted to talk!!!! She is going through some really hard family stuff right now but has made time for us next week! I'm so excited, the Gospel of Jesus Christ could help her so much and God trusts us enough to share it!  The Gospel Blesses Lives!

    On Saturday we had a Pioneer day party for the ward in
celebration of our freedom! Yay!!! We had pie eating contests and
water balloon fights. I got attacked by the kids and was soaked after, but it felt good in the heat.
      We had a lesson with Preston last night. He has grown so much!
We studied the Commandments for his lesson and I was shocked (I
shouldn't have been, but was) to see all the Blessings from following the guide lines of God.
     I once asked my companion why the apostles seem so happy? She replied "Because they listen to the Holy Ghost." I couldn't help but think, Do I listen to the Holy Ghost? Am I happy? I finally understand the "WHY" to keeping the commandments and I LOVE IT! My favorite commandments are Obedience, Prayer, and Scripture Study. When these three things are followed we find knowledge, enlightenment, joy, and calming. Just as Mosiah 2:41 said, "And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the
blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God.
For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and
spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received
into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of
never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it."
AMEN Brother!
Thats all I got to say, Have a Great Week! I love ya'll!
Sister Partridge :)

No comments:

Post a Comment