Monday, April 16, 2018

When was the last time you met King Lamoni?

Who has a Golden missionary? I have a Golden missionary!
Sister Johnson is Straight from the Missionary training center and is pumped for the work! 
We have already done so much! We have tried to contact three different referrals and each one led us to some great potential! We have seen so many miracles in the last six days its been amazing!
God has been wanting to give us investigators and once I realized that and stared to pray for it, everything just changed over night. I love this gospel so much! I love my Father so much! 

Quick/not quick story: 
        Sister Johnson had only been in Indiana for less then 24 hours and we went to see Dorothy, an investigator we've been working with. Through a series of spiritual promptings we got there right as Dorothy was leaving so we followed her, I wasn't letting her get away that easily. But things took a rather strange turn as Dorothy ran into the apartment next door where she found AJ in an emergency situation, it the frantic panic of calling 911 and his sisters, AJ saw us outside and called us in. So there we were, standing in this man's home as Dorothy is screaming in his face I'm holding his hand and rubbing his back and were standing there like, what should we do?!? 
By the time EMS got there he was much more calm and as they wheeled him out he asked us to come back. 
After three days of trauma recovery for me we went back and he was so happy to see us! He just lit up with the biggest smile! We set a return appointment and went back the next day. 
The first lesson we just talked about prayer and how he feels the Holy Ghost. We shared how we feel him and he was able to tell us several times when he feels him too!
Things were kind of fizzy for him until the thought came to mind to give him a picture of Jesus. 
Thanks to my sweet mom, I had pictures of Christ to give to people. I pulled out the picture of Christ knocking on the door with no door knob. I asked him what he saw and we talked about it. He lit up and almost glowed when he read the inscription "Let Him In" on the back! AJ was so excited he wants us to meet his sisters and share his findings on Facebook! 


  This whole experience, I feel, could be summed up as the story of Ammon and King Lamoni.... We came at just the right time to "save his life" as AJ put it, and Dorothy had talked about us before (the servants bring the arms to the King),  which opened his heart and now he is asking us how to feel the spirit and sharing it with all who know him! I can see how Ammon felt to teach King Lamoni and it is so sweet! - Alma 17-18

    I love my companion! I love her enthusiasm and love for this work and for Christ! 

The Lord is mindful and cares about his children! If we follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost we will never be wrong and we will be filled with the love and light of Christ!
I challenge all who read this to remember to Let Christ In, meaning remember what he has done for you this week and read President Nelson's talk on revelation April 2018, you will find answers to all your questions, I promise!

Have a great day, everyone, I love you so much! 
Love, Sister Partridge


Jesus is everywhere! 


We made enchiladas! Yumm! 


Still snowing! We love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment