Monday, April 23, 2018

"By Small and Simple things..." Alma 37:6-7

Wow! These last two weeks let me tell you!
Imagine the squirrel from "Over The Hedge" and that has been me all week!
We taught all Wednesday, we had no time for anything else and then I
began to fizzle out near the end of the week. But we finished strong
by regrouping and going over my expectations and the Lord's
expectations.
    God doesn't expect us to be perfect, in fact he planned on it!
Yep, he planned on us falling, that's why we have a Savior and it is
through him that we can find the most Joy!
Okay that's enough about that, This week I have really learned the
power of small and simple things. I love love love President Oaks talk
on small and simple things because it is through those small thoughts,
feelings, and ideas that lead to a small action that leads to a group
of small actions that leads to baptizing all of Indiana! Lol.
But really, I started to focus on the small things in my day that
cause my great successes. #1 is prayer, believe it or not, and from
there it's telling my comp what I'm thinking. I have gained so much
strength to fight some bad habits because I know this basic truth
taught by an apostle of God and in the Book of Mormon.
I have seen many mighty miracles in my time but non of those have
carried me as far as the small things I have done day after day. I've
started to pray for more little things then big eye openers, because
this is something I want for life not just for 18 months.
I have seen the power of little things, so be sure to read your
scriptures, pray daily, and go to church. More power and strength will
come through these three things then all the power and strength of an
earthquake or hurricane. When life is centered on Jesus Christ you can
never fall!
Amen.

Thanks for being you!
I love ya! Have a great week everyone, and I'll talk to you soon. :)
love, Sister Partridge






No comments:

Post a Comment